I've been striking for eight long years already!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Admin on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:26 am

I don' even have a car anymore:
No car = no buy gas...
No fat income = no income tax.
No credit cards = pay no interest.
Buy only USED goods = not supporting corporations.
No travel = no airport lines (and no stinky TSA nazis.)
ALL those things I did BEFORE this president and this fascist government... Now I've given them up, live cheap, pay no taxes, no support government and no corporate overlords...
I AM strikin' man. I'm waiting for everybody else to catch up!

Admin
Admin

View user profile http://votestrike.realfreeforum.com

Back to top Go down

National Striking

Post  Realist on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:53 pm

Striking on a national scale is no different from doing it on a local scale. As soon as the powers that be identify the leaders they will be arrested and imprisoned. And there will always be leaders, even if the government has to create them to make an example.
When people decide to cease voting, an unlikely event on a national scale, those in power will be delighted to step into this vacuum and declare themselves the last "legally" elected officials and continue with business as usual. What has that accomplished.
The call for a national strike seems to me to be just a poor substitute for a revolution, which is understandable since most revolutions tend to be unruly and violent. A national strike does not empower anyone. Pacifists may make some inroads in shaping history but by far the most effective is the resort to violence. Such is recorded history. The task is difficult enough as it is, without putting stumbling blocks in the way like national strikes or refusal to vote.

Realist

Back to top Go down

Yeah, but we must do something

Post  Ironhead on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:38 pm

If one looks at the results gained from our brave South American brothers and sisters banging pots and pans EVERY day at noon, we must realize that the 'tempest in the teapot' created by our incessant pecking at keyboards has become a substitute for direct physical action... a placebo.
We must make them listen.
We must show our power.
There will be casualties for this war against US/UK/Israel et. al's terrorism may determine the future of mankind.

As Martin Luther King said, "There comes a time when silence is betrayal."

We owe it to the brave resistance fighters in Aghanistan, Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, Somalia etc to push away from these keyboards and do some constructive 'creative chaos'.

Ironhead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Flash Mob

Post  something clever on Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:08 am

Flash Mob. The mechanism is there. It was meant for this purpose. As you say, sitting at our keyboards is futile. But this electronic connection is the beginning of
[b]FLASH MOB!

something clever

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I've been striking for eight long years already!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top